How our name once originated
In 1350 our winery was purchased by a family of bankers. They originally came from Florence and called themselves de Rossis or de Bambarossi. Their original name was changed by Botzo de Rossis by deleting his surname to Boccia and later Botsch.
With the elevation to the nobility in the 14th century, the Botschen began to rise to one of the most important families in Tyrol. Its members made numerous foundations and donations to ecclesiastical institutions and were active in the Tyrolean provincial administration in the late Middle Ages.
On our farm this family also traded with their own wine. And in the course of time the original Botsch/Potsch turned into Pitsch. And because our farm is located at the (Rivelaun-)Bach, the Pitsch am Bach was born.